BusinessKind-Myanmar (BK-M) is a small non-profit NGO based in Yangon, Myanmar. Its mission is to develop small community based neutral profit businesses that produce affordable products that improve the daily living conditions of poor people. BKM is operating by women for women.
#A1, Hti Hlaing Shin Housing, Kyan-sit-thar Road,
Hlaing Tharyar Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel: 09- 7321 4887, 09- 8 624 625, 09- 500 40 60
BKM Directed Social Businesses
- GoodSleep: Neutral-profit Community Based Bed Net Business
- GoodNight: Neutral-profit Community Based Citronella Candle Business
- GoodJob: Industrial sewing training and garment factory job vetting and mentoring program
- Moe Thauk Pan High School Boarding Home in Latbutta (Delta)
These businesses are managed and operated by women most of whom are women living with HIV-AIDS.
Over the past 3 years I have managed the equivalent of $109,000 of grant work.
- Mobilization of Garment Workers and Factory Owners
(United States Embassy – $41,000)
- Good Job – Income generation for Cyclone Nargis’s vulnerable women (ACTED)
- Community based malaria/dengue fever prevention/education project (French Embassy)
- Community based malaria/dengue fever prevention/education project, distribution of bed net and citronella candle making business (International Rescue Committee- IRC)
- Children Dental Health Fluoride application Project (Burnet Institute)
- Community based malaria/Dengue Fever Prevention/education project, distribution of bed net and set up of citronella candle making business in Hlaing Tharyar (United States Embassy)
- Malaria/Dengue Fever Prevention, ITNs bed net production and distribution and Industrial Sewing Skill Training and link with employment for community women (British Embassy)