Helping Hands Organization has experiences of training on enhancing capacity of community leaders’ democracy and human rights with the support of Paung Ku in 2012. In 2013, Helping Hands organization received People In Need (PIN)’s fund to provide Civic Education and Political awareness trainings and organize workshop and community level platform for 10 times. In resulting of strong participation and coordination of community leaders and strong networking, community based organizations (CSOs) as such Mwe Taung local development group and Nan Lui Kual local development organizations come out. Currently, Myay Taung Local development group are taking a leading role on land issues of Mwe Taung Red Copper project and Chin State and Sagaing Boundary problems. Then, Nan Lwe Kwel local development group are involving and coordinating with Helping Hands in the local development activities. In 2014, Helping Hands organized conference on democracy talk with the support of Dana Shae Saung Myanmar from Yangon, 88 generation (Kalay) and upper Chindwin youth network and the participants from different stakeholders included township and Regional level political leaders, government departments and civil society. HHO organized women conference and meeting for land issue/confiscation. From 2014 March to 2015, in partnership with FSWG, the project of multi-agriculture and livestock breeding was implemented by LIFT support. For Women Empowerment, HHO give Microfinance to the Home Shop owners and Women handmade, weaver. Women Weaving Group is begin in 2013, and Helping Hands Credit Union is form in 2014 then, there is about 300 members, 98% is women.
Zomi Innkuan USA is incorporated in the State of Oklahoma and
exempt from Federal Income Tax as a Public Charity of Section 501(c) 3,
with EIN # 26-4145898.
Zomi Innkuan USA, Inc. is in Consultative Status with
United Nations Economic and Social Council since July 2014.
- To assist women in the endeavour to be free from all forms of oppression.
- To promote and empower women in all spheres of life, including education and general living standards.
- To encourage women to participate in the struggle for freedom, democracy and equality.
- To develop women’s knowledge, ability and skills, including political and organisational skills.
- To achieve the rights of women and equal status with men.
- To promote and maintain Karen culture and traditions.
- To improve the well being of women and children and to increase their access to adequate health, education and welfare service
- To empower Karenni women to play a leadership role
- To organize education, income generation and other projects for the benefit of the entire Karenni refugee population
- To increase international awareness of the Karenni situation
- To promote gender equality and fight all forms of discrimination
- To preserve the customs, literature and languages of the Karenni people
- To promote and advocate for women and child rights
- To take care of women who are affected by violence
We are Palaung women who will advocate and advance the statues of women in field of development and working forwards achieving gender equality, justice, peace and democratic society.
To get Equal Right and Equal Opportunity in Myanmar.
Burmese Women Delhi was founded in 2006 by 25 women from different communities in Delhi. The organization’s objectives are 1) to reduce violence against women, 2) empower Burmese refugee women in Delhi and 3) link with Indian NGOs and women groups. Main activities include training, a monthly women’s exchange, efforts to bring an end to violence against women, and networking with other organizations.
Mission: to work for women empowerment, to work for increased participation of women in politics & peace reconciliation process in Burma
- reproductive training,
- peace training & awareness program,
- women against violence program (discussion)
- political awareness & discussion,
- field work (inside Burma)
BusinessKind-Myanmar (BK-M) is a small non-profit NGO based in Yangon, Myanmar. Its mission is to develop small community based neutral profit businesses that produce affordable products that improve the daily living conditions of poor people. BKM is operating by women for women.
#A1, Hti Hlaing Shin Housing, Kyan-sit-thar Road,
Hlaing Tharyar Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Tel: 09- 7321 4887, 09- 8 624 625, 09- 500 40 60
To serve the poor and the needy by motivating and empowering them towards quality and dignity of life based on the social teachings of the Church.